Turtle Beach is known for their high-end headsets that go above and beyond the call of duty (Pun intended lol) to cater to some of the most elite gamers in the industry.
With the Stealth 600 model which launched in Sept 2017, they have gone out of their way to provide gamers who are on a tight budget with a solution that will meet their gaming needs and deliver the quality they’re looking for without breaking the bank.
If you’re a gamer like me and you’re reading this review right now, chances are that you’re wondering how well this headset performs and if it’s worth the price tag?
That’s what we’re about to find out so I encourage you to stick around and ask any questions you may have in the comments below this review.
Let’s get started, OK?
Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Headset Review
Name Of Headset: Turtle Beach Stealth 600
Best Place To Buy: Amazon.com
Compatible Gaming Device: PS4/ PS4 Pro/ PC
Manufacturer: Turtle Beach
VR( Virtual Reality) Friendly: No
Average Battery Life: 15 Hours
Overall Product Rating: 4.5/ 5 Stars
Product Specifications At A Glance
The Turtle Beach Stealth 600 model caters to both PS4 gamers as well PC gamers with their innovating and groundbreaking headset thats sure to please the casual gamer just as much as the hardcore gamers out there.
With a headset that’s so versatile and inexpensive, you may be wondering just how sturdy this headset is and if it’s worth the price tag of under $100 or not?
Well, here a few of the many specs that this headset has to offer gamers from all walks of life below:
- Retails for under $100 (Find The Lowest Price Here At Amazon.com)
- Has an impressive 15-hour battery life
- Virtual Surround Sound
- Wireless headset via the USB dongle that’s provided with your headset
- Lightweight (1.3 pounds)
- Extremely comfortable fit on your head without feeling too much pressure on your head or little to NO ear pain
- Added padding that really helps out (For people who wear glasses like me) the ears pads are mesh and super soft
There are also a whole lot of similar features that you’ll find that come standard with the Stealth 700 that are also available with the Stealth 600 and I’ll be listing these for you guys below.
- Superhuman Hearing( Close in on your enemy by listening and tracking his every footstep so that you can close in on the kill)
- 100% Wireless Technology- Lead your team to a victory without the added hassle of having to worry about wires.
- Fold up to mute microphone- You’ll also have the added convenience of folding up the microphone when not in use so it’s out of the way
- Audio Presets- Customize certain sounds and program your bass boost for the best optimal audio experience available
- Powerful 50MM Speakers- Enjoy powerful lows and highs with their huge 50mm speakers built into this amazing headset
- Glasses Friendly- If you wear glasses like I do then this built in feature makes this headset feel like it’s not even on your head with their super comfy ear cushions.
Here’s What I Liked About It
- A superb 15-hour battery life
- A versatile headset that works on both the PS4 gaming system as well as the PC
- Listed in the top 10 best selling gaming headsets on Amazon
- Very cost effective and within any gamers budget with an MSRP of under $100
- Fairly quick charging time (2 to 3 hours)
- Variable Mic Monitoring(Adjust the volume of your voice to prevent shouting)
Here’s What I Didn’t Like About It
- Isn’t VR friendly- Doesn’t allow you to connect the PSVR to it as this feature is reserved for the Stealth 700 headset. (Learn more about the Stealth 700 Headset here)
- No volume button – In order to adjust the headset volume you’ll need to go into the PS4 settings or adjust this in game
- Doesn’t have DTS 7.1 Surround Sound- Only offers virtual surround sound as this is another feature available with the Stealth 700.
What I Really Think About This Headset
For the price of this headset you really can’t beat it and I like it that Turtle Beach knows how to cater to gamers who are living on a budget as well as those of us who have a fairly large bankroll.
From it’s innovative design to the impressive battery life and their trademarked superhuman hearing mode this headset is sure to give you the most bang for your buck.
Not to mention the fact that these also work on PC, but you won’t be able to use the virtual surround sound as this only works when using them on the PS4 or the PS4 pro.
Also, the durability of this headset and the amazing sound quality is what sold me on this particular model and this is one headset that I was proud to add to my collection.
However, I did notice that the superhuman hearing feature isn’t the best and it kinda messes with the audio but this is only from my own personal experience and this may not be an issue for you.
Other than that, I would highly recommend that you pick this headset up if you’re looking for a headset that offers you some of the features included in a premium headset for half the price.
To learn more about this headset and where to score your very own for the lowest possible price check out Amazon.com
I really hope this Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Review has helped you guys out and provided you with the information you were looking for as to what this headset has to offer you and whether or not it meets your gaming needs or not.
If you have any additional questions or need a hand determining whether this headset would be a good fit for you or not, feel free to leave them for me in the comments below.