Are you a call of duty gamer who is in the market for a new gaming headset but you aren’t sure which one would be the best for you?
As someone who has been playing COD for years and has gone through multiple headsets in my time, I tend to know a thing or two when it comes to which headset performs the best when playing a multiplayer deathmatch or just lounging back in my recliner to enjoy the single-player campaign.
Finding the right headset that will provide you with the best optimal experience and overall comfort is key when it comes to being on the winning team more often and kicking the other team’s ass to hell and back.
Within the following blog post, I’ll be showing you my top 5 headsets that perform the best and can withstand an aggressive multiplayer match.
If you’re looking to rank at the top of the leaderboards and crush your opponents then I highly advise you to continue reading this post till the end as I’ll be revealing all of this below.
Are you guys ready?
Let’s get started, OK?
1)Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Premium Wireless Headset
Looking to hear the enemy’s footsteps from a distance and also be able to tell when they’re reloading?
Well, this Turtle Beach Headset offers everything you could possibly ask for when you’re playing a COD match and looking to gain a competitive advantage over the opposing team.
Imagine there were a way to hear your enemy’s footsteps and be able to determine what direction they are coming from?
Would this help you guys out when playing an online game match?
With their super-exclusive superhuman hearing mode, you’ll be able to hear your enemy’s footsteps from a distance and close in on the kill before they know what hit them.
A few other features that make this headset a must-have for any COD fan are as follows
- Independent game & chat audio– In order to effectively communicate with other players, it’s imperative that you have a separate game and chat audio.
- Crystal Clear Microphone– Lead your team to victory and give precise voice commands without worrying about interference or static.
- 100% Wireless Technology- Get your game on without the distraction and limitations of wires with this new and innovative wireless technology.
- Bluetooth Connectivity- With TB’s new audio hub you can take calls and stream your favorite tunes while you take out the opposing team and win game matches.
As you can see, there are a variety of reasons why this headset would make the perfect gaming headset for COD gamers from all walks of life.
To this day this headset continues to be in my top recommended headsets for a variety of online multiplayer games and I have no plans on changing my mind about this anytime soon.
To learn more about this amazing headset check out my detailed review here.
2) Hyper X Cloud Flight Wireless Gaming Headset
If you’re looking for superior sound and a headset that won’t die on you after a few hours of an aggressive multiplayer gaming match then I couldn’t think of a better headset then the Hyper X Cloud Flight.
From its impressive 30-hour battery life to the highly durable build and design, this is 1 headset that you can’t go wrong with no matter what type of gamer you are.
Also, if you’re the type of gamer who hates the restrictions and doesn’t want to be tied down by wires then you’re going to fall in love with this headset.
I could go on all day about the many reasons why any COD gamer needs to add this headset to their collection but here are some of the most important features you need to know about listed below.
- Compatible With Both PS4 & PC- Whether you’re a PS4 gamer or more of the PC type this headset will serve you well as it’s compatible with multiple gaming devices.
- Gaming Grade Wireless Connection- When playing an online gaming match having a solid wireless connection is crucial to prevent lagging and connection issues.
- Immersive In-Game Audio- Take your audio experience to the next level with crystal clear lows and highs that enhance ambient sounds for the most immersive audio experience ever.
- Detachable Noise Cancelling Microphone- Block out any outside noise and ensure that your teammates can hear you loud and clear with this crystal clear microphone.
If you’re the type of COD gamer who is looking to take your audio experience to the next level and crush your opponents then I couldn’t think of a better headset to help you do so than the Hyper X Cloud Flight.
Click here to read more about this headset to see if this would make a good fit for you or not.
3) Logitech G533 Wireless Gaming Headset
If you’re more of a PC gamer who is looking to take your audio experience to the next level then this could be the headset you have been looking for.
This headset features DTS 7.1 headphone X surround sound that recreates the in-game environment to let you experience games like COD and many others in a way that most people only dream of.
This headset is also compatible with the PS4 console as well but you’ll lose the capability to use the DTS 7.1 headphone X surround sound feature.
This is a feature thats reserved exclusively for the PC so if you own a PS4 and you’re looking for a headset with surround sound then you may want to keep looking.
Here are a few other features that make this headset so awesome below!!
- On-Ear Audio Fine-Tune Controls- Adjust anything from the game audio, surround sound, mic levels and so much more with their on the fly audio controls.
- Featured In PC World Gaming Magazine as one of the best sounding headsets under $100
- Pairs Seamlessly With A Mouse And Keyboard- To unlock some of this headsets advanced features and next-gen wireless technology simply pair it with a compatible mouse and keyboard to complete your wireless experience.
- Adjustable Boom Mic- Fine tune everything from the sound of your voice to the in-game audio with these custom audio presets.
As you can see this headset gives you the best bang for your buck and caters to gamers who are exclusive to PC and are on a budget.
If you’re looking for a headset to replace your existing one or looking to purchase your first headset then I think this headset is definitely one that you shouldn’t overlook.
4) Astro Gaming A50 Gen 3 Wireless Headset
If customization plays a role in your purchasing decision and you would like to have the option to customize your comfort level and change out the design then the Astro Gaming A50 Gen 3’s is the headset you’ve been waiting for.
With their newly added customizable mod kit (Sold separately) you’ll be able to change out the ear cushions and the headband to something more of your liking.
This has got to be one of the most awesome features ever for any headset that I’ve purchased in my time as a gamer and 1 of the things I like the most about this headset in particular.
Not to mention the fact that these bad boys are compatible with both PS4, Xbox One, PC, & Mac so no matter what system you play COD on, you’ll be sure to do it much more effectively with the A50 Gen 3’s.
Here are a few other features that make this headset stand out below!!
- 5 GHz Wireless Range- Whether you’re competing against your friends in a COD match in front of your TV or in the next room you ‘ll enjoy a strong wireless signal from up to 30 feet away.
- Magnetic Charging– Enjoy the added convenience of charging this headset without having to plug anything in. Simply rest the A50’s on the charging dock for quick and reliable charging.
- Access To The Astro Command Software- Customize your entire audio experience using this new software that grants you access to 3 advanced EQ audio presets (Astro, Pro, Studio)along with many other available customizations.
- Features Dolby Digital 7.1 Surround Sound- If you’re looking for one of the best sounding headsets on the market today that will blow your mind then the team over at Astro gaming really has outdone themselves with this particular model.
Out of all the headsets that I’ve had over the years, the A50’s has got to be in my top 3.
If customization is important to you and you like to have options then I think you should definitely check out the A50 Gen 3’s for yourself and add this fine piece of gaming equipment to your headset collection.
Trust me, you’ll be coming back here and thanking me later for it!!
5) Turtle Beach Elite Pro Tournament Wireless Headset
This headset is made with professional gamers in mind and is made for FPS games like COD and Rainbow 6 that require you to give voice commands and lead your squad through enemy territory using only your voice.
With this newly added feature “Tru Speak Technology” you’ll be able to lead your squad through some of the most nerve-racking missions and communicate with them loud and clear.
This feature alone is enough to make any hardcore COD gamer invest in this headset as you know squad communication is crucial and 1 wrong command could determine whether your team wins or loses.
Here are a few other reasons why I think this headset would be perfect for COD gamers or any gamer out there who are looking to enhance their experience below.
- Comfort Tech Fit System- This is another feature that was created with professional gamers in mind.
With this new and innovative feature, you’ll be able to adjust the tightness of the headset with their unique tension controls.
- Super Lightweight- Having a headset thats light and isn’t gonna weigh your head down while it’s on your head is one of the most important things you should consider when buying a gaming headset.
The last thing you need is to be in the middle of a COD gaming match and all of a sudden feel like your head is gonna fall off your shoulders.
Trust me I’ve had this happen to me many times and it sucks LOL.
Luckily the Elite Pro Tournament headset weighs in at only 390 Grams and this is quite impressive for a headset that enhances your gaming experience and takes things to the next level.
Requires No Charging- This could be seen as a good thing or a bad thing depending on how often you change the batteries in your controller. This headset runs off your battery supply and this can drain your battery quite fast especially if your gaming sessions last several hours or more.
I would suggest buying rechargeable batteries so that you aren’t replacing them every week.
If you’re a pro at COD or other FPS types of games then you should seriously look into adding this headset to your collection.
My Closing Thoughts
Call of duty is one of those games where you need to have some type of top of the line headset in order for you to experience this amazing game series in a whole new way.
With the exception of the Call Of Duty games over the past 3 years, I have pretty much played every COD game out there and I have experienced it through the 5 headsets that I’ve shared with you guys above.
If you’re looking to experience COD in a whole new way and take your experience to the next level then I would highly recommend that you choose any of the 5 headsets I’ve listed in this article to complete your experience.
What headset are you guys currently using right now to get your COD game on?
Have you personally used any of the 5 headsets that I listed in this article?
If so, I would love to hear about your experience with them and if you would recommend them to other gamers around the world.
Anyway, I really hope this blog post has given you guys all the info you need to decide what the best gaming headset is for call of duty.
Still, have questions or need my help picking out a headset that fits into your budget and meets your gaming needs?
I would love to hear from you and answer any questions you may have in the comments below.